SPARC Media Hub makes creating a texting keyword easy. I know right? Texting keywords too?!? It’s true!
What are keywords typically used for?
- Contesting. Example: “Text ‘Win’ and your name now to win!”
- Polls. Example: “Who should win ‘Battle of the Beats’? Text ‘Taylor’ for Taylor Swift or ‘Katy’ for Katy Perry.”
- Topics. Example: “Have your say, text ‘Topic 1’ or ‘Topic 2’ and leave your thoughts.”
Step 1. Open SPARC’s Texting Platform
- Select Text System under Tools in the left-hand menu
- Once in the Texting Platform select the "Texting Tools" dropdown and click "Keywords"
(If you do not see any of the above, you do not have sufficient permissions.)
The keyword page is broken up into two panels. The first panel, on the left, is the section where you'll create a new texting keyword.
Step 2. Creating Texting Keyword
To create a keyword fill out the form starting with Phone Line.
What do the fields mean?
- Phone Line: The phone line you'd like to create the keyword for.
- Keyword Position: Use this dropdown to select where you'd like to keyword to be positioned in the text message. This can either be exclusively at the start of the text message or anywhere in the text message.
- Keyword: This is where you enter the word you'd like to pull into the keyword entries
- Limits: This dropdown allows users to decide whether the keyword is limited to one entry per phone number or unlimited entries
- Auto Reply: This is the automated reply message that is sent back to a texter after they've sent the associated keyword. Example: "Thanks for texting us! You're entered in the draw!"
- Limit Reject Message: If you have selected to limit one entry per phone number, enter the automated message sent back to the texter letting them know there is a limit. Example: "Sorry only one entry per number!"
- Start Date/Time: This is the date and time that you would like the keyword to become active. All text messages containing your keyword will not be entered into the keyword campaign outside of the start and end dates.
- End Date/time: This is the date and time that you would like the keyword to become inactive. All text messages containing your keyword will not be entered into the keyword campaign outside of the start and end dates.
Once all the fields are filled out click “Add Keyword” and you're done! Happy texting!